It seems like I’m so behind on blogs these days. Been wanting to put out a mega Things-to-do-for-Summer blog and a summer movie blog, but I just didn’t get around to doing them. Every Halloween I try and sit down to try and sift through recommendations I have, but once again the foul beast of Busy occupies me.
This year, I have plenty of Tricks and Treats. Shit you should watch, listen to, read and all sorts of other shit in between.
I suppose I can bring up all the classics which you watch every year like Halloween, Friday the 13th, Hellraiser. Fright Night, the Michael Bay horror remakes and your assorted murder franchises. The problem is that I don’t keep up with much stuff as of late, so I’ll have to sift through my archives and pull out some gems. Starting with the killer yogurt movie from outerspace.
A forgotten little flick starring Devon Sawa, Jessica Alba and Seth Green. But there is a totally hilarious bit part with Vivica A. Fox as a demon huntress hunting down a demonic hand.
This beach party schlocker stars a bevy of buxom babes and hot-roddin’ badasses fending off a small beachside community from a gang of atomic creatures with hotdogs stuffed into their mouths.
The Horror of Party Beach
For some reason this haunted asylum movie always seems to get overlooked. Probably one of the better possession movies out there. You might even recognize a few faces.
How about a scary, little flick about a dead daughter… or is she?
Don’t Look Now
Or maybe Roman Polanski’s forgotten horror flick.
The Vampire Effect (aka The Twins Effect)
No Halloween schlock list will be complete without the musical stylings of Guitar Wolf in Wild Zero.
They don't sell these compilations on Amazon or anything, but you can pretty much find all these at Russian Horrorpunk Freax.
Paid in Black: A Tribute to Johnny Cash
01. BLITZKID - I Walk The Line
02. THE BOO BERRYS - Sam Hall
03. ELECTRIC FRANKENSTEIN - Cocaine Blues
04. THE SPOOKSHOW - The Kneeling Drunkard's Plea
05. THE AGGRO-NUTS - Big River
06. MISTER MONSTER - Give My Love To Rose
07. THE GHOUL - Cry! Cry! Cry!
08. LONESOME SPURS - Folsom Prison Blues
09. NUKE AND THE LIVING DEAD - One Piece At A Time
10. THE MASSACRES - The Wreck Of The Old '97
11. COLONEL SANDERS GRAVE - Dark As A Dungeon
12. PSYCHO CHARGER - Wanted Man
13. THE BANG TALE - Sunday Morning Coming Down
Spooky, Swingin' Sounds of Kreepsville Manor
"Featuring demented surf / horror garage music by... The Legendary Invisible Men, The Fuzztones, Davie Allan and The Arrows, Psycho Charger, The Nebulas, The Vooduo, The Fiends, The 3-D Invisibles, The Hollywoods, Monsters from Mars, The Von Drats, Cult of the Psychic Fetus, The Worst, The Moon-Rays, and The Hangee V. Plus, a tale of terror, and 3 bonus sound f/x!..."
Psychobilly Ratpack Lesson 2
1. Sir Psyko - Sir Psyko & His Monsters
2. Ghostrider in the Sky - Sir Psyko & His Monsters
3. Human Hunter - Sir Psyko & His Monsters
4. Cellar Dweller - Bloodsuckin' Zombies From Outer Space
5. Dead Eyes - Bloodsuckin' Zombies From Outer Space
6. Nocturnal Vacation - Bloodsuckin' Zombies From Outer Space
7. Bastard in My Mind - Moonstruck
8. Horror Rock'n'Roll - Moonstruck
9. What's the Fridge - Moonstruck
10. Tears in My Eyes - Brain Dead
11. Demon on My Side - Brain Dead
12. Daddy Long Legs - Brain Dead
13. Demon Dancing Queen - The Hounted Prisoners
14. Deeper Then Your Grave Hole - The Hounted Prisoners
15. Vampyrgirl - The Hounted Prisoners
God Save the King: A Psychobilly Tribute to Elvis
1. Nigel Lewis (Meteors,Tall Boys) with The Tombstone Brawlers - Blue Moon of Kentucky
2. Spellbound - (You're The) Devil In Disguise
3. Batmobile - (Now And Then) There's A Fool Such As I
4. Lucky Devils - Milk Cow Blues
5. Cosmic Voodoo (Fet. Jeff Roffredo of Tiger Army and Rezurex and James Meza of Rezurex, Tiger Army and Nekromantix) - Bossa Nova Baby
6. Memphis Morticians - King Creole
7. King Sleaze (Lonesome Kings) with Batmobile - Long Black Limousine
8. Guitar Slingers (Fet. Doyley of Klingonz and Demented Are Go) - CC Rider
9. Monster Klub - That's Alright Mama
10. Spinballs (Fet. Thomas Palin Ex-Small Town Pimps) - Viva Las Vegas
11. Asmodeus - Little Sister (Live)
12. Ripmen - Crawfish
13. Thee Flanders - Happy Endings
The Ultimate 50’s Rockin’ Sci-fi Disc
And a bonus treat.
Sloppy Seconds – Endless Bummer
1. D.I.Y. Till We Die!
2. Kegs R 4 Kids
3. I Don't Wanna Go Out with You
4. You Can't Kill Joey Ramone
5. Thanks for the Mammaries
6. Everybody Hates the United States
7. P.O. Box 33046
8. Endless Bummer
9. Shut Up and Pour Me a Drink
10. High School Girlz
11. Let Me See Your Driver's License
12. Lois Lane
13. Achy Breaky Skull
15. This Is Your Brain on Drugs
16. Nightmare Theater
17. F.F. Sucks the World
And I suppose this blog wouldn't be complete without reminding you fine folks that James Gunn's PG-Porn premieres with Nathan Fillion and Aria Giovanni October 8 on Spike.com. To find out more vist PGPorn.tv and buy all your PG-Porn shit, go to the JGAS store. Make sure you tell all your friends to watch or the scary two-headed McPalin beast will get you!
The Ablazin' Devil Head has spoken.
Oh, shit. I'm also on IMDb now. Almost forgot that.