Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Long Beach Flood 2010

Just recently, last summer actually, I returned to Long Beach to visit where I grew up. Took nearly 300 pix of where I hung out, went to school and eventually blogged about it. Long Beach: Returning to Willmore City After 18 Years. The name Willmore City comes from William E. Willmore's failed farm community that would later become Long Beach.

All this week, SoCal has three storms coming in. Yesterday was the second with a tornado warning and the YouTubing started. A third one is on the way. Good luck to all my brohams in LBC.

Forgive some of these videos. I tried to pick short ones. I realize this isn't as tragic as say the war in Iraq, Haiti or all the other shit in the world, but this is a place where I grew up. I know these streets where these videos were taken. Even my old street Roswell and high school fell victim to the flood.

Here's one of a bag lady floating through the water.


Here's one of a dude canoeing through the streets.


Parking garage flooding


River flow of someone's apartment complex


A dude stops to show us how the flood as affected some.


My favorite place to eat, Casa Sanchez, was flooded.


Here are more pix from the street I grew up on. Once again, good luck out there.

http://www.lbreport.com/news/jan10/tornado.htm

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...